Grant hasn't become attached to any stuffed animal or blanket yet, but every once in a while he'll go up to a stuffed animal and give it a big hug! Or he'll lay down with one of them like he's going to sleep (which of course he doesn't end up doing!).
He does like his Spiderman doll, probably more than any others right now. The other day he picked it up and gave it a huge hug!
Yesterday, Dean, Grant and I went to the mall to buy Grant some new shoes. I tried to take him last Sunday (while Dean was at work), but to no avail. The minute he gets out of his stroller, he starts running like a maniac! We had barely gotten his feet measured before he ran out of the store into the mall. This happened twice before I realized that I'd have to come back when Dean was there to help!
Anyway, Grant's old shoes (which we bought in early December, a size 5 1/2) were getting way too small. I had been putting him in his water shoes to go out, but he's so good at pulling those off now. So he desperately needed some new ones! And I never thought I'd be the mom buying my child Stride-Rites (at $35-50 a pair), but Grant's feet are extra-wide, so we really don't have much choice. Plus, I've heard that it's good for new walkers to have good shoes. And....he only has one pair for 3-4 months....it's not like he has three pairs at a time!
So....enough justifying.....yesterday Grant did run around all over the place again, but thankfully Dean could follow him around while I looked for shoes and waited for him to be measured. He measured a 7, and we ended up getting him a nice pair of sandals. Hopefully those should last him for the next few months.
Today, we went to Alvin (about 18 miles away) to go strawberry picking! We went with my Right At Home mom's group....it was wonderful....what a great little place! They also sell produce and other homemade things, like fried fruit pies, jams, jellies, etc. And there was a BBQ pit where we got sandwiches afterwards. Grant loved running up and down the aisles of strawberries, but doesn't quite understand how to pick them yet. When I'd hand him one, he just squished it in his hands! So we didn't get any strawberries, but hopefully we can go back sometime with Dean. I'll post some pictures later.....
January Lessons
10 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment