It's definitely spring! We stopped by a bluebonnet field this weekend while we were out doing errands. Trying to get Grant to sit down in the grass and patiently have his picture taken is impossible....the moment he got out of the car, he started running around and didn't stop until we left! Dean tried a few times to sit him in the middle of some flowers, but to no avail. But we still got a few good pictures....He picked one of the white flowers to give to me. He likes bringing me flowers from our backyard, so he picked one for me while we were there. What a sweetie....
On Sunday, we played in the backyard, and Grant loved drinking water from the hose! He didn't mind getting all wet either!
Here he's putting my cell phone up to my ear so I could talk. He loves to walk around with his phones, and he'll hold them to his ear and blabber. He even nods his head and takes breaks while he's talking, just like we do! Last week, we were at Target and I was looking for half-price Easter candy (a few days after Easter). He kept reaching for stuff, so I gave him a SpongeBob candy holder. I guess he thought it was shaped like a phone, because he put that up to his ear and did the same thing in the shopping cart!
I'm getting better at letting him eat messy things, knowing that it will make a mess and it's not that big of a deal in the scheme of things. I gave him applesauce in a bowl, and he had a good time playing with it. It's hard to tell from the picture, but it was all over his face, shirt, hands, and tray. But it kept him occupied for a few extra minutes so I could get stuff done in the kitchen!
The previous owners of our house left this little rocking chair for him (it's still the only furniture on our porch, so I sit in it too!). On Monday he climbed up into it and actually started rocking himself!
Riding on the little toy he got from Uncle Steve for his birthday. He's learned how to push himself backwards on it, but still can't go forward. Also, I got these little red water shoes at the Children's Place recently, and this was the first time he wore them. I think they'll be so good for the summer.....they're easy to slip on when we go to the backyard, and I think they even look fine for going out (plus they're so much cooler than his tennis shoes!).
Our child has become quite the climber (like I'm sure all 16 month old boys!). Last week Dean and I were sitting on the couches talking, and we looked over to the kitchen table to see Grant standing on one of the chairs, pulling the napkins out of the napkin holder! Of course he was being very quiet about it, not wanting to draw our attention (until we saw him....then he screamed loudly and threw them everywhere!). He climbs on couches and our coffee table all the time.....of course it worries me and I wonder if it's something I should forbid him to do, but Dean isn't worried about it. I DO forbid him from standing on the chairs or climbing onto the kitchen table, though!
January Lessons
10 years ago
4 comments:
I love the bluebonnet pictures. I imagine it will be hard to get Evan to be still.
That is so funny that he wanted to drink out of the hose. Evan will have to fight Chloe to do that.
The face Grant is making in the last picture reminds me so much of Evan. We should take them to Babies R Us to get pictures made together while they look like brothers.
Adorable pictures! I do miss those Texas bluebonnets!
It must be the age...I can't keep 15 month old Kenna off the kitchen table (she's so fast she gets up there before I can ever catch her!)
I love the picture of you with Grant in the flowers - that is such an Alissa smile! :)
I can't believe you're already in your second trimester! Yay! Have you tried telling Grant about being a big brother yet? It will be interesting to see how he handles that.
Kristen: I'm not sure if you receive follow-up posts, but I wanted to respond in case you do. Yes, the pregnancy is flying by! We'll hopefully find out the sex in about 3 more weeks. And we've made a few comments to Grant that Mommy has a baby in her belly, etc. But he just doesn't get it yet...he just has a blank stare when we tell him. I think maybe he'll start to get it when my belly really starts showing (it's sticking out some now, but not enough for a 16-month old to notice a change!).
Post a Comment