Well, more than blabbering, that is. He blabbers all the time in his own language, but has yet to repeat words that we say, until this week. Until now, he's said a few words here and there like "ti" (kitty), "vroom" (car noise), and "wo wo wo" (dog barking). But when we ask him to say even those words, he hasn't been able to (or wanted to) repeat them.
This past Monday, I went to give Grant his lunch and asked if he wanted cheese. He responded with "eh!" (his sound for "yeah"), and I asked if he could say cheese. Sure enough, he said, "chee!" He doesn't say the "s" sound, but I know that's what he's saying. On Tuesday he said juice ("ju"), and on Friday he said "da da!" I've always hesitated to say that he even says "mama" and "dada" the right way, because he doesn't look at either of us and say those words. Sometimes in his crib when he's crying, he'll make the "ma" sound over and over, but I'm not sure he's really calling for me in particular.
But now when I ask him to say any of those three words, he'll usually repeat them. Dean thinks he said "truck" while they were driving yesterday, but we couldn't get him to say it again today.
So it's very rewarding to see him finally repeating things, and then to see him act so proud of himself when he does it!
January Lessons
10 years ago
2 comments:
Yeah, Grant! He just wanted to say everything at once!
I knew he would start talking on his own time. I know you're excited - how fun!
Post a Comment