Grant loves the pantry.
I know that, and I know that it's easier to just keep the door closed to avoid all kinds of messes! We've had busted coke cans, baskets spilled over and random food carried all over the house (there was a jello box in his room for the longest time, before I finally took it back downstairs).
But inevitably, I'll grab something quickly and forget to completely shut the door. The other day, he pulled out a box of Rice Krispies, and I noticed it but figured he couldn't do much with it. The next thing I knew, I heard him shaking the bag inside.....he had opened it, pulled out the bag, and before I could get to him, Rice Krispies were flying everywhere! I just had to laugh, though....what would toddlerhood (is that a word?) be if there weren't messes like that to clean up every once in a while? Of course there have been some days in recent weeks when I wouldn't have reacted as well!
I think he felt proud to get to help me clean up.....of course he kept walking back into the pile of cereal on the floor as I tried to sweep it up, but it didn't take too long. And he loves to play with the broom, so I let him sweep up a few of the pieces too. It's funny how I get frustrated when he throws his sippy cup and milk drips on the floor (multiple times per meal), but I can laugh at a huge mess like that.
January Lessons
10 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment