My due date is 2 months from today.....yikes! It is coming so fast! A couple of people have asked for a new belly picture.....Dean took this one last night (I turned 31 weeks on Friday). All of a sudden I feel really big; even some of my maternity tank tops are getting a little tight. I'm still feeling good, though.....still not much sciatica, THANK YOU GOD! Sometimes my leg will hurt a little bit at night, but by the morning it's fine. But I've noticed that it has become a lot more difficult to do simple tasks.....like standing up when I've been sitting on the ground! Also, we went to the Children's Museum yesterday, and to get into the toddler area you have to put scrubs on over your shoes. I realized I couldn't bend over the right way to put them on, so I had to go sit on a bench to do it! Just little things like that are all of a sudden more difficult.
Little Drew is one active little baby.....there have only been a couple of times that I've gotten worried because he's not moving so much. Most of the time I am reminded of his presence constantly! It still feels like he's doing somersaults in there. And I love when I can feel a body part sticking out. I'll press on that spot, and I can feel him squirming around. Such a cool feeling! He's had the hiccups a few times, but not nearly as much as I remember with Grant. Maybe that started later with Grant, though.....it's hard for me to remember much about that pregnancy (which is why I advise all pregnant women to keep some kind of journal about how you're feeling......you'll forget!).
And something that I think is so funny and peculiar.....between my two pregnancies, there have probably been a total of 10 people (total strangers) who I've met in public and have guessed the sex of the baby. They have ALL guessed that I'm having boys, based on the way my tummy looks. I've carried both Grant and Drew very much in the front, and people say this is typically how boys are carried. If we end up having a girl at some point, I will be very interested to see what people guess then! I always assumed that this was a wives' tale, but who knows?? 10 for 10 is pretty good!
January Lessons
10 years ago
2 comments:
Oh my! I think you are ready to pop!!! Your tummy looks so different from the last time I saw you!
Alissa!! :) I haven't seen you since our wedding -- I'm so glad I saw the link on Kristin's blog. You look so beautiful. Glad you're feeling pretty well. We had a baby four months ago (our first -- maybe only!) and I sooo miss the feeling of him dancing around all day in my tummy. Congrats to you!
Post a Comment