I think I've said before that stacking blocks is one of Grant's favorite activities these days. He gets so proud of himself.....he'll create a stack (even if it's just four or five of them), then stand back and point, wanting us to notice what a good job he's done! I try to be there to watch and encourage him as much as I can, because he'll get frustrated and angry if the blocks fall down a few times in a row. We try to tell him that it's okay, and just to start over. It's hard to know what to do when he gets mad and throws them.....I've started taking them away from him, and will give them back later when he's cooled down. I hope he doesn't become a sore loser when games don't go his way....I'm not really sure what to do about this. If any of you seasoned moms have any advice, can you please send it my way?!Standing back to admire his work!
Here it is, 5am on Friday, and I'm awake. I'm 33 weeks today, and I'm really starting to feel like a big pregnant woman now! I stayed awake to watch the women's gymnastics finals last night, so I didn't go to sleep until just before midnight. Then I was awake at 3:30 am, and haven't been able to go back to sleep! It's not that I'm really uncomfortable.....I just feel big and I get tired of trying to lay on my left side all the time (which is what I'm doing to avoid the sciatica).
This Monday, I put on my wedding rings for the last time.....as soon as I put them on, I realized they seemed very tight and tried to take them off. It was really hard....I ended up having to use soap and water. So I won't be wearing them anymore until after Drew comes! This didn't happen until much later when I was pregnant with Grant.....I think I stopped wearing my rings around 36 weeks.....just a couple of weeks before he was born (if that). I feel like it makes me look like I'm unmarried, but oh well!
And like I said, I just feel like this pregnancy has gone too fast, and that I can't possibly just be a month away (or maybe a little more) from having this baby! Grant is starting to feel heavier, and I feel like I have a little less energy than before. And I have to go to the bathroom all the time......last night we came upstairs to go to bed, and I went twice within about 10 minutes! Dean asked me, "didn't you just go to the bathroom?" It didn't even occur to me that it was strange until he asked the question! Sometimes it feels like Drew is laying right on my bladder and I have very little space in there!
Okay, enough rambling. Dean just woke up and got in the shower so I'm going to make one more attempt to go to sleep for a while. With Dean being gone until about 8pm every night (they're in the middle of turnaround right now), I don't think 3.5 hours of sleep is going to cut it today! Grant and I are off to the mall in the morning......I need to get him some shoes for the fall, and StrideRite is having a buy one, get one 50% off sale. Plus, this is tax-free weekend, so I'm going to try to get there at 10am to hopefully beat the crowds. We'll see how I do trying to take Grant shoe-shopping all by myself......yikes!
January Lessons
10 years ago
1 comments:
Hi Alyssa! The same thing happened to me when I tried to take off my rings. It hurt until I used soap and water to take them off. Hang in there mama!
Post a Comment