Friday, August 22, 2008

One more month until I'm officially old

Random picture from earlier this week (no, it doesn't have anything to do with the post!). One night we decided to make scrambled eggs for dinner.....and this is how the eggs came out when I cracked them into the bowl!

I've been thinking about this a lot lately; my life as a twenty-something is swiftly coming to an end! Exactly one month from today, I'll be 30!! Yikes! Actually, I really don't think I'll have too hard a time with it. Dean reached this point a couple of years ago, and I have quite a few friends who are already there. But it's still gotten me thinking a lot about the past 10 years, and how much has happened. A few things.....

1) Went to Europe and saw SO many awesome things in 2 months!
2) Experienced life in the big city for the first time when I interned in Houston in 2001.
3) Stressed out too much about (but passed....after two tries!) the CPA exam.
4) Graduated from college and took a road trip all the way to New Jersey with my friend Kelly!
5) Moved to the big city permanently.....lived downtown and got to explore so many cool places.
6) Met tons of people (including Dean) and got involved in our singles' class at church.
7) Started dating Dean, then broke up with him (then regretted it a few months later!).
8) Worked a TON of overtime....for three summers in a row, I didn't know it got hot in Houston because I was inside our office building almost every daylight hour from July to September 15!
9) Started dating Dean AGAIN, and got engaged 7 months later.
10) Got married 4.5 months later and moved to the suburbs!
11) Taught science to 6th graders for a year.
12) Got pregnant and was blessed with our precious little Grant!
13) Learned the ins and outs of having a child totally dependent on you....the hardest (but most wonderful) thing I've ever done!
14) Awaiting baby #2....who, incidentally, could (and hopefully will) arrive on my birthday!

Whew!

Dean's mom called yesterday afternoon and said they were thinking about coming this weekend. I am so excited to have some company for a couple of days! Dean will be working both Saturday and Sunday, but I guess they're REALLY not coming to see him (or me!) anyway! :)

Unfortunately, Grant woke up this morning with a cough and yucky nose. Many times that Dean's parents have been in town, he's been sick. Such bad timing!! I'm sure we'll have fun anyway.....and I'm so glad to have some constant adult company for a couple of days.

1 comments:

Kristen said...

Turning 30 really isn't bad, I promise! I had a much harder time with 29 because I knew it was my last birthday in my 20's. By the time I actually turned 30, it was anti-climatic! I've found being 30 liberating - I hope you do too!