Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A peek at Drew's room

Dean painted Drew's room (Grant's current room) a couple of weekends ago. We love the color!! It's light blue but not completely baby blue. Then last Friday, Grant and I had fun hanging up all of our wall hangings. We were able to use everything that was hung up before, plus I bought these cute letters at Hobby Lobby for $1.50 a piece! I spray painted them red, to match the crib bumper and bedskirt we're getting (I put the bumper on to make sure it matches). I think the light blue and red look really good together! I'm also going to paint his bookshelf the same color red.....I will post more pictures once it's all done.

Grant wanted to play in his crib while we were in there. He threw out his stuffed animals, then I'd throw them back at him, trying to teach him how to catch. He'd stick his arms out, and a few times he actually "caught" them (meaning they landed on top of his arms)....and was so proud of himself! When I encouraged him, he said, "I caught it!" I think that was one of his first three-word phrases!

2 comments:

CS said...

I love how you decorated Drew's room. I'm glad Grant was nice enough to break it in! :-)

Kristen said...

It looks so cute Alissa! I can't wait to start on the nursery - we but we've got over a month until we know this little baby's gender!