Here are some more pictures from Nana and Papa's visit (and surrounding days):
Grant saw a neat wooden train set at our neighbor's house last week and now really loves choo-choos. He was already interested, but was completely captivated by the train set. A couple of days later, we bought these two little trains at Toys R' Us. Unfortunately, within about three days of buying them, we misplaced one of them (although I'm pretty sure it's in the house somewhere). Grant loves sticking them together and running them up and down furniture. I know what we'll be requesting for birthday and Christmas presents!!A picture from about a week ago.....I'm 36 weeks today (according to my doctor's due date of Sept 26), so this was taken at about 35 weeks. I set the camera's timer to take this because Dean hasn't been around much to take pictures.....and I always forget to do it at night once he gets home.
Grant was interested in all the beeping that happens before the camera takes the picture. He's just now starting to look at the camera and will (sometimes) smile when he knows his picture is being taken!
Here are Grant and Nana watching "Super Why." This is Grant's favorite show.....in the past few weeks, he'll ask to watch "Why" over and over again! It comes on at 8am on PBS, but I'll usually record it so we can watch it again later. He only really likes the beginning and end, and will lose interest in the middle. But a couple of times he's actually sat through the entire episode. Until now, he's never shown an interest in watching more than a couple of minutes of TV at a time, so I'm thankful to have something that he likes to watch (it gives me a few minutes of rest!).
My good friend Margaret came by on Sunday with her dad and her little guy David. They were on their way home from a vacation in Galveston.....it was so good to see them! David is 10 months old and is just precious.....he's so smiley! I think he looks so much like his mommy!
Some pictures while we were playing outside on Monday. Here Grant and Nana are watching a military helicopter (it flew over our house a number of times and Grant got excited every time!).
He LOVES to walk up (and down) the slide now.....he can do it all by himself, although I still like to be at the top to make sure he doesn't fall over the back!
Reading a book with his new baby.....this was a $1 purchase at Kroger a few days ago. He usually just throws it around, but every once in a while he'll pick it up and hold it or set it next to him. I thought this was especially cute!
I had a doctor's appointment on Wednesday afternoon......I am 1cm dilated. At this point with Grant, I was dilated 2cm and my doctor told me to take it easy until I reached 37 weeks. So I was thankful that wasn't the case this time.....I don't feel ready to have this baby yet! This pregnancy seems like it's lasted about half as long as the last one.....I've gotten a lot of projects done and Drew's room is pretty much finished, but mentally I'm just not ready yet!
Also, Dean was supposed to be finished with his turnaround at work today, but he called a while ago and said he'll be working this weekend. Grant and I had appointments to get our hair cut tomorrow, so I had to cancel them. I don't know what I'll do if he's still working a lot when I go into labor. We're both getting so frustrated! This will be the 3rd straight weekend that he's worked all day on both Saturday and Sunday (plus all day the Sunday before that). I know he really wanted to watch the Alabama game tomorrow night....and I was ready to just have him here for a change! Hopefully he won't also have to work on Labor Day. Aahh!!
January Lessons
10 years ago
1 comments:
You sure are a lovely pregnant gal! Grant is a real cutie, and I can't wait to see Drew!
Post a Comment