This is one of my new favorite pictures of Grant. It's hard these days to get him to look at the camera when I'm taking pictures of him.....and even harder to catch him smiling! But lately he's been learning to say "cheese" when he gets his picture made, and that's what he was saying when I took this one.With Drew coming in probably the next 6 weeks or so (yikes!!), sometimes it strikes me as a little sad that things are going to be so different. I've gotten used to Grant being my only child, and I still put him to bed every night. When I have another baby that I love just as much as I love Grant, it's obvious that I'm not going to be able to spend as much undivided attention with my firstborn! And even though I know this is inevitable and that every family deals with this when they have a second, I still sometimes wish I had a little longer before things change!
Anyway, we usually go out in the morning to do errands, and Grant usually falls asleep around 11am, when we're heading home. I take him out of the car and take him up to his crib, where he finishes his nap. I've been thinking that one day, I just need to forget about my to-do list.......and instead of putting him straight into his crib, I'll sit and enjoy the feeling of my baby sleeping on my shoulder (which doesn't happen much anymore!). The reason I haven't done it already is that, if he sleeps for 30 or 45 minutes then wakes up on my lap, he likely won't go to sleep again!
So.....on Monday night, there was a storm coming through when I was rocking Grant before bed. When we heard thunder, I said something about it being scary (what was I thinking?!), and he immediately put his arms around my neck and laid his head on my shoulder. I thought he'd sit up soon after, but no! I sang and he fell asleep after a few minutes! I knew for sure he was asleep when I felt streams of drool falling onto my arm! It was a really sweet moment that I treasured for a while before laying him into his crib. I hope I have more moments like this before our lives change so much!
January Lessons
10 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment