Tuesday, August 5, 2008

(One of the many reasons) why little boys need dads


This picture really has nothing to do with the post, but I took it while we were outside last week and I thought it was cute!

Lately I've been learning the importance of fathers in boys' lives....Grant has so much fun horsing around and being tickled by Dean. I think he sometimes gets a little bored being at home all day with me.....and he'll often become hyper and much more rowdy when Dean gets home (which I think is good for him!).

Also, a couple other funny things have happened lately that have reinforced the thought that boys need their daddies to set them straight after being around mom so much. During the hot summer, there have been many afternoons that we'll come in from the backyard and I'll bring Grant into the shower with me to clean off. He's at the age where he loves to imitate everyday things that we do. The other day after we got out of the shower, he managed to find a razor (oops!) in my drawer. I looked over at him and he was acting like he was shaving his legs with it! Thankfully the cap was on it, so he couldn't cut himself!

And I've said before that he'll take a shampoo bottle and pretend that he's squeezing it onto his hands, then into his hair. A few days ago, he watched me putting lotion on my legs, then came over and did the same thing! He grabbed the bottle and pretended to squeeze it into his hands, then he rubbed his legs! Of course he's too little to realize that most guys don't put lotion on their legs! It's just funny when you realize how much they learn from watching you.....kinda scary!

1 comments:

Rob and Leah said...

I love that picture! Daddy time is the best!