About 10 days ago I mentioned that I'd ordered a backsplash tile sample that I thought would work in our kitchen with our new black countertops. The lady at Daltile told me it should be a 4X4 sample (meaning 16 tiles). It came a few days ago, and it's tiny! It only has 6 tiles on it, which is hardly enough to tell how it would look as a finished product (it doesn't even have all the colors from the sample at Daltile!). It may still work, but now we'll have to figure out a time to go back to Daltile (when Dean can come with us) to see the large sample again. Aah!
Anyway, I wanted to post some pictures of our kitchen to see if anyone had any general ideas about color or style for a backsplash. I really like the glass mosaic look, and I also love subway tiles. We had thought about using travertine (basically, natural-colored stone) with some highlights, but a part of me wants to go a little more bold. Please let me know if anything comes to mind!
By the way, our walls are painted a green/red blend. It sounds weird but it looks much better than it sounds.....the lady who lived here before us texturized and painted it.
January Lessons
10 years ago
2 comments:
Without seeing the samples from Daltile, it is hard to tell...but jsut remember that if you go bold with color, and start hating it later, it is going to be a lot harder to replace as it is so expensive. Perhaps some of the large travatine pieces will look good with it. Mabye a darker color than your cabinets to give your kitchen some more texture and differentiate the cabinetns some.
Amazingly enough, I use to do this for a living, but it is hard to tell in the pictures. Have you taken in a sample of the granite and a sample of your cabinets? If you do that, the consultant can help you a lot better that way!
You might take some pictures the next time you go to Daltile. Then I could help you photoshop in the pictures of the tiles to see what it might look like.
As for design, I'm not really the girl to be talking to, but how about something darkish like a gray with flecks of dark and light to marry the cabinets to the countertops. I would suggest something with a lot of variation. You could still add some color by putting a smaller accent strip (sorta like what you have now) in the glass tiles.
-EBP-
Post a Comment