Saturday, July 11, 2009

Long time, no blog.....

The past ten days I just haven't felt inspired enough to get on the computer and write! I've been checking emails and that's about it! We had our granite installed.....it looks good (although I think it's going to take me a while to learn how to properly clean it!). We still need to pick out a backsplash, though, so I won't post pictures until it's all done.

Then the paint contractors were here.....they added texture to our bathroom walls, and now we're in the middle of painting it. Projects take a long time when you only have evening hours (after the kids are in bed) to work on them!

And....Nana and Papa were here over 4th of July weekend. We had a lot of fun with them, and they were a big help in getting things done around the house. They left on Tuesday, and I've been sick since then. It's like I have a bad cold, but also with flu-like symptoms.....fever, achiness, chills.....very strange. Dean stayed home yesterday (Friday) to help with the boys, so he's been able to watch them for long stretches when I'm not feeling well.

But I have some news about Grant......he went pee pee in the potty tonight! That is a big step for him! Until this point, he has shown very little interest in going to the bathroom in the toilet. But tonight, he got out of the bath and was having naked time (one of his favorite times of the day.....he runs around acting silly and yelling, "naked boy!" and "naked time!"). Tonight, he ran back into his bathroom and said he wanted to go potty in the toilet. He stood there a second but didn't go. So he ran off again, and a minute later he came back, holding himself and saying he wanted to go potty. He stood on the stool and went pee pee! We were so proud of him (even though he wasn't very accurate, so our toilet needs a thorough cleaning!), and you could tell that he was proud of himself too.

Otherwise, it was a hard day with Grant.....so this was a good way to end it! Hopefully he'll keep wanting to try it!

1 comments:

katy said...

Pee-Pee in the potty ROCKS!!! lol!!

Your symptoms are exactly what Justin was feeling a week ago. We thought it might be the flu. But he went to the doc and they said sinus infection. Started antibiotics and he was feeling good in two days. Hope you get better soon!