Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Drew at 10 months

So many pictures! I just couldn't decide so here are a lot of them....

This is Drew's signature face.....he makes this when he's excited/laughing/interested in something (he'll look at something new on his plate, then look up and make this face). I think I did something similar when I was a baby.....I'll have to try to find a picture. There are lots more of these below.....

Holding a set of plastic tongs up to his ear, like a phone.....












- He loves to wave (shakes his hand up and down, usually with his palm still facing his belly), and he's very proud when he does it! Sometimes he does this when I'm saying goodbye to someone, without me even telling him to do it. This proves how much babies understand what we say!

- When the phone rings around 4:30pm every day, I assume it's Dean coming home from work. I'll say, "maybe it's Daddy," and now Drew is starting to say "da" or "dada" when he hears the phone ring.

- Speaking of phones, he is starting to raise phones (or train tracks, or anything resembling that shape) up to his ear, and he'll start babbling.

- He loves pushing cars across the floor (which I'm sure he learned from Grant).

- He usually refuses to be spoon-fed (unless I've convinced him it's something really good, like ice cream). I don't know how he'd survive if it weren't for waffles, and it's hard finding things he likes that aren't carbs (pancakes, goldfish, cereal, Nilla Wafers, graham crackers). He doesn't seem to like any veggies, but he loves cheese like his brother (he gobbled down a grilled cheese sandwich a few days ago, for the first time). And he'll eat sliced turkey and sausage, as well as peaches, pineapples and grapes. So now that I'm writing this, I guess he's not as picky as he sometimes seems!

- He LOVES Scooter the cat, and gets excited and starts laughing when he sees her. He has learned how to say "kitty," but it sounds more like "ki" or "tee" (one or the other). He tries to chase her but he has no chance of catching her at this point!

- He is cruising around on furniture a lot now (just in the past week), and he can stand by himself for probably 8-10 seconds at a time. He's getting more bold about letting go of something to grab something else. And now he can hold your hands and take quite a few steps (whereas before he'd just stand there if you tried pulling him). But still no steps on his own yet....

- He's gotten really easy to go down for naps and bedtime (I need to thank God for this more than I do, because it's such a great feeling to be able to leave his room and be pretty sure he'll go to sleep). He usually sleeps 30 minutes to 1 hour in the morning, and anywhere between 1.5 and 2.5 hours in the afternoon. Grant did not nap this well at this age!

- I can still probably squeeze him into some of my favorite 9-month onesies, but he's better wearing his 12 month clothes.

- He babbles all the time....he makes lots of sing-song sounds and high-pitched noises. It's fun pretending to have a conversation with him. He's just so lovable and playful.

- He's starting to get pretty attached to his blanky. He's not to the point where he needs it to go to sleep (esp in the car), but he usually has it in his hands when I get him out of his crib. And it's hard prying it out of his hands when I take him out. Then later if he's playing downstairs and sees it on the floor, he'll crawl over and lay on top of it, as if he's going to sleep. It's funny how the boys are so different in this way; Grant has always needed his paci but was never interested in a lovey. And Drew doesn't take a paci (he chews on his bottom lip), but it seems like his blanky attachment is here to stay (I should probably get a second one).

5 comments:

CS said...

Happy 10 months, Drew!!

Dorminey Days said...

He's adorable!

Sara said...

I love, love those faces!! So much personality! Isn't it funny how early they start imitating us? Crazy.

katy said...

I'm not kidding, that child is TOO STINKING CUTE!!! The first pic is my favorite. But every time I read your blog and see his fantastic expressions, I can't stop smiling. He looks like he really loves life!!!

Rob and Leah said...

He is so cute. I love that first face. I love reading the things he's doing. It makes me excited to go through those stages again!