Grant was sick with a high fever yesterday (it was over 104 when he woke up from his nap), so I took him to the doctor this morning. He didn't have a fever when he woke up today, so I almost canceled....but we went anyway. And of course, the nurse practitioner couldn't find anything during her exam that would indicate anything other than a virus. I knew this would happen! It's frustrating to get the boys ready and make a trip to the doctor's office, all to be told, "just keep an eye on him, give him plenty of fluids," on and on. But I guess it's better to be safe than sorry....and 104 is awfully high.
Afterward we drove up to the Daltile showroom to look at tile possibilities for our backsplash. We have birch-colored cabinets and (now) black galaxy countertops.....so I really want to go with a backsplash that "pops" (to use HGTV-speak!). The lady was really helpful and found one that I think will be perfect! It's a glass mosaic that has some black, gold, and other colors....it sparkles and I think it'll look amazing. We're waiting for a sample to be sure.
So.....the lady was really busy, and she ended up helping lots of other people before she came back to answer my questions. In the meantime, the boys were actually being really good in their stroller.....I was amazed! I gave Grant some tile samples to play with, and Drew ate some Teddy Grahams before I finally picked him up. When the lady finally came back to help me, we talked for about 10 minutes. At the end, she looked at the boys and said, "your kids are amazing!" That was definitely the first time my kids have been complimented on good behavior in a store....most trips inside a store end with me leaving in embarassment to give Grant a spanking in the car (well, not literally "most" times, but a lot of times!). I guess there's a first time for everything!
January Lessons
10 years ago
2 comments:
SO fun that you're getting to make all these fun design choices! I bet it's going to look spectacular! I love the below entry - it really makes me look forward to Cassidy's next stage. I can't believe he's decided to quit nursing. Have you tried different brands of formula? I have several kinds I could send your way...
Glad he's feeling better! 104 is pretty high - I'm surprised they didn't tell you to take him "Straight to the emergency room!" That's what our after hours nurse always says when the fever is over 102. I ignore them... Because, you know, we moms have nothing better to do than spend 6 hours in a cramped, creepy waiting room with our sick child...
Post a Comment