Just a few things that have happened in the past couple of days:
- Last night I put Grant to sleep, beginning to end. When I was about to read him stories, he grabbed two of his animals, Ruff and Eeyore, and carried each in one arm. He set them both on his bed and said to Eeyore, "he's your best friend." I always tell Grant to be nice to Drew because "he's going to be your best friend someday." When he laid down, he wanted Ruff to lay next to him (which isn't unusual), and he wanted to make sure that Ruff was covered up with the blanket too!
- Drew has been doing so much better going to sleep. Even if he falls asleep in my arms (which I'm trying not to do if possible), he almost always wakes up when I lay him in his crib. There are some exceptions (like last night and tonight), where he's so exhausted that he falls asleep in my arms and actually stays asleep when I transfer him. But most of the time, I try to set him down while he's awake. He actually likes getting in his crib, and he has fun standing up/sitting down while I stand there next to his crib. He's discovered his monitor and the window blinds, so I've had to move his crib away from the window! And of course he still cries when I leave, but usually only for a few minutes. This is a relief.....I feel like our sleep training struggle is almost over!
- Last.....Grant has been stuttering like crazy these past two days. Thursday, he was talking just fine. Then yesterday, he started stuttering at the beginning of some sentences. For example, he'll say, "We we we we ww ww ww we gonna go for a walk?" Or "You you you y y y you y y you want to come play?" It freaked me out yesterday when he started doing it, and I did some internet research after he went to bed. Apparently it's very common in 2 to 5 year olds.....their brains are working so fast as they're learning so many new words, but their mouths all of a sudden can't keep up. I just think it's odd that Grant could do just fine for so long, then all of a sudden have so much trouble. Anyway, I'll have to ask our doctor to be sure, but I read that it's a phase that many kids go through (and it's fine as long as it doesn't last for more than 3-6 months).
January Lessons
10 years ago
2 comments:
Glad Drew is doing better with sleep! It sounds like things are calming down over there! Don't worry about the stuttering with Grant, it's perfectly normal, and he is at the exact age when it happens. When he starts doing it, just tell him to slow down. He'll get through it!
The stuttering is completely normal - Drew has been doing this for a while now.
In fact, I thought of you yesterday: We were coming home from preschool and he was trying hard to get something out about preschool - he kept saying "pre, pre, presc, pre..." then all of a sudden busted out with "Look, Mommy there's a big big helicopter!!"
So funny that big trucks and helicopters are always ready at the front of his mind to talk about!
Post a Comment