May is over, and doing a blog post a day was actually not too hard! Most nights I came in here after putting Drew to bed, and it usually only took about 10-15 minutes (sometimes less). Erin P. asked me if I was going to continue. Well, last night was busy.....some ladies came by to look at our old entertainment center (we had it listed on Craigslist). They bought it....yay! It's actually pretty cool......one of them has recently bought a few duplexes over by UH, and she's renovating them and furnishing them to get them ready for students for the summer. An IKEA entertainment center will be perfect for that. The ladies were really nice, and we bonded over our addiction to Craigslist! The lady with the duplexes has bought everything from light fixtures to floor tiles....it's so fun just being able to shop online for things you need (and without paying full price!).
Anyway, I didn't feel obligated to post last night (as it was no longer May), but I'm going to try keeping it up at least every couple of days. My main problem is having pictures to post.....I just don't upload them very often.....
Today the boys and I made a very impromptu trip up to town. This morning we did a couple of errands and we were on our way home at 10:45am, when Grant and Drew both fell asleep in the car. I know from experience that this is a recipe for disaster (for me).....they both sleep for 7-10 minutes in the car, then feel like they don't need any more sleep when we get home.
So....to avoid a bad rest of the day.......I decided to drive to downtown. They both had decent naps in the car, then we went to Discovery Green in downtown Houston. It is wonderful!!! We had never been there before.....there are a couple of water areas, plus a nice playground and a big hill that Grant loved climbing. Aside from the mosquitos, we had such a good time. We'll definitely be going back soon.....I think for my sanity, I need to make a trip into town at least once per week (for variety!).
Okay, that was longer than I was intending. Hopefully I will post more pictures soon.....
January Lessons
10 years ago
2 comments:
The trick tp uploading pictures is to make it part your daily routine. I use a card reader. Pop the card out of the camera, stick it in the reader, download (I just use windows - no software required), do a bit of editing, upload to WebAlbums,and write a blog post. Using a card reader is less wear and tear on the camera and is faster. And ejecting the card takes less time than removing the camera. It's easy - try it!
I also don't feel over whelmed because I have too many days of pics to shufle through to pick my favorites (and you know how many I can shoot in a day!!!). And it's still difficult to pick my daily favs! I too thought this would be more work, but I think it's actually less, certainly in smaller chunks.
I have to say I really enjoyed your daily posts in May! But I'm an admitted blog addict that is always wondering what's going on with my blogging friends. I hope you keep it up!
And don't feel obligated to post pictures - I hardly ever post pictures. Sometimes the best posts are funny stories or memories or whatever.
Just a little encouragement. I'll stop rambling now :)
Post a Comment