Drew has had three 30-minute naps today, then he fell asleep nursing and hardly stirred when I laid him down at around 7:20pm. Dean put Grant to bed shortly afterwards.....and everything was just fine until Grant started his nightly call for mommy. This was around 7:45. I was trying to finish an email, but apparently I didn't finish it fast enough.....Grant started saying, "Mommy!" very loud, and Drew woke up and started to cry. For the past 45 minutes he's been crying....I went in to rub his back (which usually works when he's really tired), but he was just so squirmy and overtired that he couldn't settle himself and go to sleep. I ended up taking a break and went in to sing a few songs to Grant, then went back to Drew's room for a few more minutes of unsuccessful back-rubbing. Finally I gave up, coming back to the study. A few minutes later, Grant started yelling again from his room. Now I was really angry! I put him in his room and told him no more games. And just now.....at 8:35pm....they're both finally quiet. So much for going to sleep early (which they both desperately need)!
Some days are just like this with two kids....this is the reason I'm considering putting Grant in some kind of abbreviated Mother's Day Out this summer! He is wonderful so much of the time, but there comes a point where I've had enough.....and this usually happens more than once per day! :)
I was going to post some pictures of some recent fun adventures we've had, but those will have to wait until I feel more in the right mood!
January Lessons
10 years ago
1 comments:
I totally relate to this! I joke that my kids like to get revenge on each other for waking them up; Olivia will wake Drew up at 6am, then Drew will get back at her during her morning nap, and on and on it goes... and I'm the one losing every single time.
I can't get mad at Livi, but I sure do get mad at Drew: especially when I've just told him to knock it off.
I wish they made baby-sized earplugs!
Post a Comment