Friday, June 19, 2009

Whew.....

It has been a long, hard week. I volunteered to work at VBS for our old church.....I figured it would give us something to do this week, to break up the monotony of the summer. What was I thinking??! I only committed to Monday, Weds and Friday, and I don't know how I would've survived all five days. I worked in the infants' room with Drew, and Grant was right across the hall (which was a problem at the beginning of every day and a sometimes when he'd randomly see me, but for the most part he did really well). We had six babies in our room each day, and it felt endlessly chaotic. At the end of the week, I'm glad I did it.....but I just feel so beat right now!

Plus, Grant has been such a struggle this week. I feel like I'm yelling at him or putting him in his room all the time. He is constantly ignoring me, pushing Drew, running into Drew with his tricycle, taking away toys that Drew is playing with (even if they're Drew's toys!), finding creative ways to reach things he's not supposed to have.....on and on! Yesterday I had had enough, and after Dean got home I left the house and let him put both boys to bed (for the first time ever). I took dinner to a friend, then I went to Marshalls and looked around for almost 2 hours! It was so nice.....I don't even remember the last time I was able to shop for so long without having to worry about a baby needing something from me at home. And Dean did a great job......I felt justified doing that to him because he's playing in a golf tournament this afternoon, and probably won't be home until late. I don't think I would have made it through today without having a break last night.

Drew is doing great, though....he is so happy and this afternoon didn't even fuss when I left his room to take a nap. Yay! Yesterday I think he might have waved "bye-bye" too....I will hopefully post some pictures of both of them soon....

0 comments: