Monday, June 22, 2009

Nine months!







Drew is nine months old today! He has gotten really chatty and playful lately; it's obvious that he knows what's going on and he wants to be a part of things (like eating, playtime, etc.). Some things about Drew at nine months:

- He is starting to act a little upset if he's holding something and you take it away from him....but most of the time he just goes about his merry way and finds something else to play with.

- The past few days he has been standing on his own for 3-5 seconds at a time!

- His top two front teeth are just starting to poke through (teeth #3 and 4).

- He thinks it's so fun to be chased. I'll say, "I'm gonna get you," and he starts crawling quickly in the opposite direction! And if Grant starts coming down the hall in his tricycle, he laughs and laughs as he crawls away from him.

- He is a ravenous eater! He can eat two cereal bars or two waffles in one sitting, on top of cheerios or other finger foods I give him. In the past couple of weeks, it's been hard to spoon-feed him at all....he only seems to want finger foods. Tonight I could only give him a few bites of his cereal before he started pushing it away. I guess that's good, except for a couple of things: 1) Since he only has two teeth, it's hard thinking of a lot of things that he can eat (and that don't require cooking, because that's the last thing I have time to do right now!)..... and 2) things that he can eat (like cereal bars, bread, waffles) end up all over the place! I've just ordered a splat mat for our kitchen floor, because right now our floor gets so messy every time he sits in that chair!

- Today he and Grant had a couple of true wrestling matches. Drew loves instigating these.....he'll crawl over to Grant and pull at his pacifier or mess with his hair, and Grant then lays on top of him and rolls around with him! I really have to be careful, though, because Grant doesn't know how to be anything but rough.

- I think he might be learning how to wave "bye bye." The past few days, when I'll grab his hand to wave to somebody, many times he'll pick up his hand afterwards and slap it around a little bit. He doesn't do this every time, though.....so I'm not sure!

We have his 9 month checkup tomorrow so we'll see how he does!

1 comments:

EBPitcher said...

How about steamed cubed potatoes? Try regular or sweet. They should keep in the fridge for a couple of days. John loves regular, but won't touch sweet. Banana, cut up into small bites. Cheese slices, not cubes, nice and thin. Thin-sliced lunch meat. If he eating cereal bars, he should be able to eat this stuff.
-EBP-