Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Funnies

Grant's been saying a lot of funny things lately. One of the (few!) charming things about having a 2.5 year old is waiting for the random comments that come out of his mouth! A few things:

- About a week ago when I was in Grant's room at bedtime, I asked if he wanted to say a good-night prayer. We don't normally do this but I want to start making it a regular part of bedtime. So I prayed, then I asked Grant a couple of basic questions about God (how in the world do you talk to a 2-year-old about God?!). I asked him where God lives and he said, "God lives......God lives.....[thinking].....God lives.......Home Depot!"

- The next night, I was telling Grant at bedtime that we were going to the pool the next day. I asked if he knew who was coming to see us (my parents were coming but he didn't know yet). He thought for a second, then said, "Jesus!" Then he started singing Jesus Loves Me. He loves that song so I guess he has Jesus on his mind a lot!

- Today he was helping me make chocolate chip bread. He doesn't usually lick the batter when I offer it to him, but today he stuck his finger in and took a bite. He said, "oooh, that's yummy!" And then a second later, "delicious!"

- Yesterday he handed me a camcorder tape, and (getting it confused with a battery), said, "we need to charge it." When I said, "oh yeah, that's right," he said, "I'm SO smart, Mommy."


Speaking of chocolate chip bread......I was making it today because my good friend Kristen (The Supan Clan) came by with her mom and her precious baby girl Cassidy. It was so much fun seeing them....they were on their way to Galveston for the night. The live clear across Houston, so I had never even met Cassidy (and Kristen had never met Drew). I wish we lived closer! Will post some pictures soon.....

2 comments:

Rob and Leah said...

Those are funny sayings! It is hilarious to hear what they come up with.

Sara said...

Home Depot - that's great!