My parents came down early this week to spend some time with us. On Tuesday morning, we went to our neighborhood pool for the first time this summer. It was Drew's first pool trip, although he was so tired and drowsy that I'm not even sure he noticed! His expression never changed as I took him into the water, or for most of the time we were there. He finally gave up and fell asleep in my arms when we were about to leave.
Grant had so much fun....he's still wary of jumping in the water (thankfully), and he quickly grew tired of being carried around in the big pool, but he loved playing in the kiddie pool. Our neighbor Brynna came with us....Grant loves playing with her, and he had a great time. He especially liked watching her jump off the diving board!
I had been nervous about going to the pool by myself with the boys, but as long as Grant stays in the kiddie pool, I guess I could handle it! Hopefully I'll make it back there with them at least once per week or so......
Drew did really well with Grandma! Aside from me and Dean, she's the only person he feels reasonably comfortable with!We tried taking a picture of Grandma, Grandpa and the boys. It was impossible! Every time Grant looked at the camera, Drew would look away (and vice versa). It was quite funny!
Grant and Brynna:
January Lessons
10 years ago
2 comments:
Alissa-
Do you guys have one of those splash parks close to you? That might be a less stressful way to enjoy the water as an option... I am glad we have some in B-CS- they are really a great idea!
You're brave!! I'm too scared to take one of mine - let alone both of them - to the pool by myself. We bought a $10 inflatable number, and that's as close as my kids will get this season :)
Great pictures - Grant looks so much like Dean in the picture with your parents.
Post a Comment