Thursday, October 15, 2009

Evening at the park

Dean worked late a few nights last week, so one night I took the boys to Clear Lake park to play for a while. Grant watched Peter Pan on the way over (this was apparently a bit of a scarier part)......Drew always loves climbing around on playground equipment:
He had such fun crawling up, then falling down the slide:

We stood by the lake and watched a big boat go by......

We stopped at a picnic bench by the water and ate our animal crackers for a few minutes. Drew just wanted to sit and pick at the debris on the shore, so we couldn't stay for long!


We walked a little more, but it was so wet from raining the day before. So that meant there were multitudes of mosquitos, especially as we walked down the shore a little farther. So I started panicking and we headed for the car (it really grosses me out when I glance down my back and see four mosquitos feasting on my arms and legs at one time!).


Notice Grant's shaggy hair in those pictures? He got it chopped off on Saturday. This is the shortest he's ever had it, and I'm still getting used to it. But it was getting embarrassingly long. I'd rather it be a tiny bit longer, but I don't want to pay to have it cut more than every couple of months. I haven't taken many pictures of him since then, but here he and Drew are fighting over play-doh (Drew always wants whatever is in Grant's hands at that particular moment). And another shot of his short hair (being silly and not smiling for the camera):

2 comments:

katy said...

Mosquitoes rank up there with fingernails on the chalkboard and traffic jams, on my list of most irritating things. James loves to be outside, and I hate spraying him with bug spray (it seems so icky) just so he can play without being eaten alive!

I love how much you've been writing lately!

Kristen said...

Grant literally looks like a different kid with that haircut! I would not have recognized him on the street. He's still a cutie though. :)