It was finally cool this weekend, after a warm early October. On Friday morning, the boys played outside in the sand and actually had to wear jackets! It's about time!!Later that morning I took the boys up to Hermann Park.....we ate lunch near the reflecting pool and then rode the train. Grant had a good time waving to people as we rode along. And a couple of times he looked at me and said, "I love this train ride." Drew didn't enjoy it so much.....he kept wanting to climb into the seat in front of us, but there were people sitting there! I tried giving him his blanky at one point (usually it settles him down, especially when he's tired....which he was). But he immediately threw it to the side, and out the train it flew! Thankfully we were about 50 feet from one of the stops, so one of the workers ran back and got it for us.
Our friend the squirrel....he thoroughly enjoyed the bites of peanut butter sandwich that we shared with him.
For some reason, I remembered that I took Grant to Hermann Park in October when he was Drew's age. Sure enough, Grant and I were there exactly two years before, on October 16, 2007. Grant and I had a blast up in town that day (visiting a lot of my favorite Houston places), so I remember these pictures like I took them yesterday. It's amazing how fast two years goes by!
January Lessons
10 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment