It's so obvious that we drag our kids to home improvement stores way too much. When we're getting close to Home Depot or Lowe's, Grant knows we're nearby and can basically tell us how to get there. And when we see one of these stores (even in a different part of the city), he instantly recognizes them and declares, "there's Home Depot!" or "there's Lowe's!"
A few days ago Grant was sitting on the couch watching the morning news. Usually he ignores it or begs to watch one of his shows, but this time he was staring at weather lady Casey Curry as she did her weather forecast. I asked, "Grant, are you watching the news?" And he looked at me and said excitedly, "she said Lowe's!" His ears must have just perked up at the sound of that word!
My oh my.....today was hard. We finally got our backsplash installed....at least most of it. They have to come back tomorrow to do the grout and to remove the paper from the front of the glass tile. I think it looks okay, but I'm a little nervous about the glass and what it will look like.....I wasn't too excited when he showed it to me first thing this morning. It looked a lot different than the picture I saw!
So.....Drew couldn't take his AM nap while they were tearing out our old tile (he's a very light sleeper, and he just screamed every time I left him). So back in the car we went (after just getting home from dropping Grant off at school). He took a 30-min nap while I drove around. Then he slept for 45 minutes this afternoon (after crying himself to sleep) and Grant didn't nap at all. He just played in his room and kept coming out, even after numerous spankings. And Drew was just super fussy.....everything made him cry or fuss.....when I put him down, when I picked him up, when I put him in his carseat, etc. Dean is working late too. Anyway, it just wasn't our best day! Here's to tomorrow and the cold front coming our way. Yay!
January Lessons
10 years ago
3 comments:
Oh my gosh - too funny! Drew recognizes Texas Roadhouse by sight ("eat supper with G.G.!) and also Chick-Fil-A and Target.
We had a pretty rough day, too. Hang in there! I just know the cooler weather is going to bring a little more peace and happiness with it.
We can totally relate to the getting out of bed issue. We've been very frustated with that lately. I've tried a treasure chest, stickers, ignoring, spankings...still no perfect solution!
Bless your heart! I know it's so hard to juggle all that. We're installing a patio right now and naps have been an issue - I finally put a LOUD fan in her room and face it away from her - it helps drown out some of the sound. We still have at least a week to go - ugh.
The Lowe's and Home Depot stuff is hilarious! I'm so glad you wrote that down - you will want to remember that one - SO cute.
Post a Comment