Monday, October 12, 2009

Yay for Drew!

Drew is basically a clone of his big brother in so many ways. They don't look a lot alike, but sometimes I feel like I'm raising Grant all over again. When Grant was this age, he dropped his sippy cup on the floor all the time. Now Drew's doing the same thing. So last week I pulled his booster seat up close to the table, and I showed him how to reach across his tray and set his cup on the table. Then I clapped for him. He caught on fast; now numerous times during a meal, he'll set his cup on the table, then smile proudly and clap for himself. He still throws it on the floor at times, but we're making progress.....


I guess here he's clapping for himself for walking?? He's becoming a very good little walker....he'll easily take ten steps at a time before falling. Then he'll stand right back up and keep going. He's still wobbly, but it's amazing how fast it happens. Every day he's more brave and does a little bit more walking than crawling.


My parents are in town today and I was reminded why we never go to restaurants! For lunch, we went to Kemah and ate at T-Bone Tom's (which, by the way, will be featured on the show Diners, Drive-ins and Dives on Nov 23, we learned today!). I don't even remember the last time we ate at a restaurant....it's just not worth it to me, to spend the money when I worry constantly about one of the kids throwing a fit, and every minute I have to find something new to occupy them.

And today, it was just one thing after another.....Grant was fine in his seat for the first three minutes. Then he kept standing up in his seat, going under the table, etc. He hardly ate anything (I'm glad we didn't buy him a meal!). And Drew was pretty much okay, but most of his food went on the floor. And he let out a couple of screams towards the end (which always sends me into a little panic.....I'm always self-conscious about causing a scene). So six months from now, maybe we'll try it again! :)

1 comments:

katy said...

We don't go out to eat with James, either. It always ended in one of us up from the table walking around to keep him from having a hissy fit. So what's the point.... Maybe he would do better now.