Saturday, May 2, 2009

Anniversary and pictures

Thursday was our fourth anniversary! We didn't get to taste our first anniversary cake; my parents were keeping it in their freezer, and they were out of town when they lost power and had to throw everything out. But.....we got the idea from some friends (Amanda and Elliott from our old singles' group) to order a cake topper every year for our anniversary. We love desserts, and especially wedding cake, so it's a perfect excuse! They're kind of expensive ($20, usually), but we consider it our gifts to each other.....this year we didn't even get each other cards (because each of us were just so busy and never got around to it!). Maybe I'm not like some girls, but I would much prefer a cake to flowers! This one was so pretty....and so good! I love The Cake Lady! When I was picking the cake up, I saw that they sell cupcakes for $1. That seems like a pretty good deal to me.....I think I will be going back before next April.....
A few more pictures from that day.....I fed Drew Gerber puffs for the first time. I don't think he's quite ready.....he doesn't have the "pincer grasp" quite down yet, and he thinks it feels pretty weird in his mouth. But he was concentrating so hard trying to pick them up!

Also, Grant decided he wanted to help mop the floor.....we have a Swiffer mop (he probably thought it was new.....that shows how much I actually mop our kitchen floor) and he thought it was fun to press the button that sprays out the cleaner. He actually did a very good job!
That afternoon after Dean got home from work, we played outside.....Drew's sitting on the grass while Dean is pushing Grant on the swing.
This is a good picture showing how Drew lights up when Grant comes near him. He starts to laugh and he braces himself to be attacked!

4 comments:

EBPitcher said...

Two days down and 29 more to go! Keep up the good work!
-EBP-

ClintandGina said...

I like that you are doing daily posts. Two days in a row.....you're off to a good start! Cute pics of the boys.....especially Grant mopping. Too funny!

katy said...

Such cute pictures, as always! I'm like you -- I'd way rather have baked goods than flowers! Recently, Justin took me on a date and surprised me with a box of petit fours from a bakery here in town, and I nearly died from the bliss!

Congrats on 4 years!!!

Sara said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!