We had a fun day......my good friend Megan came over from Pearland and spent a few hours with Drew and me while Grant was at school. It was wonderful to catch up.....we haven't seen each other since Drew was a month old. Now that she's "retired" (her last day was on Friday, and she's having a baby in November!), hopefully I will get to see her more often during the days!
Also, I sold our sandbox (which the previous owners of our house left for us) and Drew's baby swing today! I am completely addicted to Craigslist right now.....it is fun! It's a great feeling to sell things that you don't use anymore, and actually get decent money for them....it makes me feel like I'm contributing to the family income! Except.....I usually turn right around and buy something with the money I just earned. These were only the third and fourth items we've sold, but now I feel like I'm constantly looking around our house trying to think of things I can pawn off for more cash! :)
Right now I'm looking for an antique dresser for our guest room, a new rocker/glider (Grant's is about to fall apart), and also some big boy furniture for Grant (although that is really no rush). I hear about people buying cars, washers/dryers, all kinds of things.....I've told Dean that anytime we are thinking about making a big purchase, we need to check Craigslist first! Okay, enough about Craigslist.....
After reading Sara's post a couple weeks back about carseat safety, I started researching carseats. Grant will need a new one when he reaches 40 pounds (he weighed 36 pounds at his two-year checkup, but now he's probably down to 33 or 34....the boy does not eat....but that's a different story). And Drew will be needing Grant's carseat in a few months anyway. So I did some research on the ones people commented on (in her post), and I decided on the Britax Frontier. From the reviews, it's a wonderful, extremely safe carseat and the last one your child will ever need (it has a 100-pound weight limit). We have the Britax Roundabout now and love it.....so that was another reason I wanted to stick with Britax.
ANYWAY, my point is that I looked on Amazon last night.....the price had been $279.99, but now it's on sale for $229.99. That's almost 20% off.....so I jumped on it and bought it. I also saw it on a couple other websites for the same price. Just a head's up for anyone who might be in the market for a carseat soon!!
January Lessons
10 years ago
3 comments:
I LOVE Craigslist... though I'm way more likely to buy than sell from there. I'm always nervous about people coming to my house. I needed that encouragement, though... since it was pouring down rain the day of our neighborhood garage sale I have a bunch of substantial things that I really want to get rid of.
I'm stoked you found a great carseat - on sale no less!
I love Craig's List too! I've bought and sold things on there, and even found someone to make my curtains for me on there for super-cheap! Love it!
We love Craig's List!
Post a Comment