Drew has officially started crawling....since yesterday he's been scooting his little knees to propel himself a few feet forward. It's crazy how fast the transformation goes....less than two months ago he sat up for the first time! A few weeks ago, we knew the crawling was close, because he was getting himself up onto his hands and knees, rocking back and forth.
He has also started pulling himself up to stand, but the only place he's done it without any help so far was in his crib a few nights ago. I'd laid him down and was about to leave when he started crying, and thankfully I stayed to watch what he'd do. Sure enough, he grabbed onto the rail and stood right up! So we lowered the crib mattress one more level.....now it's almost to the bottom. I'm thankful that God gives you a sense that something might not be quite right.....I can't imagine if I had walked out of the room and he had somersaulted out of his crib!
Also today, Drew sat in the shopping cart for the first time. We would've done it earlier, except usually Grant is with us and he sits in the shopping cart (while Drew is in the Baby Bjorn). We went to Target today after dropping Grant at school, and he held on tight to the sides of the cart for the first few minutes....he looked so tiny in it!
This afternoon was rough; after picking Grant up from school, he ran away from me while I stopped to drop off picture money. It makes me feel like a bad parent.....I really need to train him to stay by my side when I tell him not to walk off. Most of the time (at home and when we're out), he just totally ignores me and does whatever he wants. That's a whole other story!! Anyway, then this afternoon was just bad.....Grant spent a lot of time in his room for hitting Drew, and yelling at both me and Drew.
But tonight was so much fun.....things always get so much better when Dean gets home! The boys actually had a screaming volley.....Drew will just randomly let out a high-pitched yell. One time, Grant repeated him. So Drew did it again, and they went back and forth, while staring at each other, for about a minute. It was so funny, because even though Drew was expecting Grant to do it each time, he still flinched every time (Grant is much louder than he is!). It was a fun moment and helped to make up for the frustrating afternoon we had!
Hopefully some more pictures soon!
January Lessons
10 years ago
2 comments:
My kids are always perfect when Jimmy's around! I call it his "Happy Toddler Aura." The minute he gets within a few miles everything changes at home. Crazy how that works.
I bet things get better when Dean is around because you are no longer out numbered! :-)
Post a Comment