Saturday, May 23, 2009

One more thing.....

Something I forgot to post yesterday about Drew....and since I don't have much time and can't think of anything else really interesting to post today, here goes.....

When we're out and strangers notice Drew, they almost always assume he's a girl. I think about 8 times out of 10 (no joke), people say "she" when referring to him. They'll say, "she's so pretty," ask how old "she" is, mention how content "she" looks in the Baby Bjorn. On and on! I know this happens to newborns a lot, but an 8 month old!? I'm not really complaining.....I guess it's a compliment and it means he has a pretty little face. Plus, the fact that his hair is a little long on the sides probably doesn't help. But like I said, I'm not complaining.....I may never have a little girl, so this might be the closest I come to it!


Also.....we're making progress with Grant and his addiction to his paci.....I think! Today we were about to leave for his friend Andrew's birthday party (it started at 3pm), and he handed his paci to Dean (without being asked). He didn't have it the entire time at the party, and didn't need it until Dean took him to bed at 7:45. Five hours may not sound like a lot, but that's a long time for Grant!

3 comments:

EBPitcher said...

Hey - someone once thought John was a girl and his hair was never as long as Drew's!

Sara said...

Someone once asked me if Drew was a girl. He had on a blue outfit, sitting in a blue carseat, with a blue blanket...

Yee Peng said...

People think that Emelyn is a boy even when she's wearing pink... PINK!! Go figure.