A few things about my wacky, sweet, daredevil son at two and a half:
1. He is still completely obsessed with and addicted to his pacifier. Our trip to Alabama in April made it worse, I think (because he was so tired and always wanted it with him). Now he usually notices if he doesn't have it after a few minutes, and will ask, "where's my paci?" But....when we go outside, he easily gives it up (sometimes before we even ask).
2. He holds onto his ears (or ours) when he's stressed out or tired.
3. He loves playing soccer and golf. He'll always ask, "do you want to play soccer?" In the backyard, he'll swing Dean's golf club at any ball outside. He's proud of himself when he hits it, but he gets easily frustrated when he doesn't (not unlike most golfers!).
4. He has gotten very sensitive and pouty when we yell at him, but only for certain things. If we yell at him for misbehaving, he gets angry and usually yells back at us. But the other day we were taking a walk and he bent down to pick up this nasty mold stuff next to a tree. We both yelled, "no!" We explained to him that he can't pick up gross stuff like that, but he got really quiet and bowed his head, just staring at the ground. It's so weird what he decides to pout about! He also doesn't like it when Dean and I argue; he'll yell, "no!" at us and plug his ears!
5. He loves being chased. Many times during the day, he'll say, "chase me, Mommy/Dada." He also loves jumping off high places (like most 2.5-year-old boys!). He is constantly jumping....
6. When he's describing something, he talks with his hands a lot. He has also started making up stories. If I'm telling Dean about something that happened that day, he'll interject and include "facts" that didn't really happen! Not sure what to do about that at this point.....
7. He knows my name and calls me "Alissa" every once in a while.....and thinks he is very funny! But he doesn't know Daddy's real name.
8. Unfortunately, he doesn't really like reading books. Except for his stories at night (and sometimes at naptime), he doesn't like to read. I hope this changes! Unless he's watching Cars or one of his favorite shows, he is always on the move.....I think he is just too busy to concentrate on books during the day.
9. He is just so zany and spunky.....when he's in his silly mood, he'll run around waving his arms, tongue sticking out, making goofy noises. He also likes to sing a few songs (ABC, Jesus Loves Me, the Circle Time song from school). He is very animated when he sings.
10. He'll repeat things to his stuffed animals that I say to him.....telling them to be quiet, telling them it's time for a nap, etc. He has a new Lightning McQueen remote-controlled car (about 8 or 9 inches long), and the other day he held him like a baby, rubbing on him and patting his "back." Then he took him into his room to take a nap!
There are a lot of other things, but I will stop there! Here are also some funny things he's said recently. He is making so many complete sentences; at the end of every day, I try to write down some of the funnier things he's said, or things that make me think, "how did you come up with that?" But it's so hard to remember all (or most) of them. They just learn things so quickly at this age. Here are some:
That drives me nuts!
Okay! Here I come!
Awesome!
That'd be great/That'd be perfect.
Is that a deal, Mommy?
No, we are NOT going to take a nap.
Crap! (yes, this is my fault!)
What the heck?
I'm a stinker.
Look, Mommy/Dada, Look!
Drew can't have that screw. He will choke and die.
Oh, man! I can't find Scooter. Where'd she go?
It's so nice out here.
Remember? I don't need my paci on the playground.
Hush! You cannot watch your movie because you screamed at me! (talking to one of his animals).
Let me open the door for you. (when Dean left for work one day)
Don't forget your bag. (also when Dean left for work)
There's Amminadab. He's my best friend.
It's okay, Mommy. It's okay. (during one of my less patient moments!)
My dada told me I can't stand on here.
Yeah. That should be fine.
January Lessons
10 years ago
2 comments:
#4: I'm always conscious of Drew's temperament when we argue, because I have some bad memories of my parent's arguments... however I've decided it's important that he see us disagree AND resolve our differences. Can't say that I got the "and resolve our differences" lesson at home, and I hope to impart that to our kids.
#7: Drew's been calling me Sara, too. It's so funny - catches me off guard every time.
Oh my gosh, his sentences are hilarious! Imagining him saying "He'll choke and die" is going to have me laughing all day.
Wait, you and Dean argue? Whew, glad to know we're not alone. :) Grant's sentences are hilarious!!! I can hear his little "Oh man!"!
Post a Comment