These days, I spend pretty much every minute from 5:45am (yes, that is the time Grant and Drew have been waking up lately) until 7:30 or 8pm with my boys. I love them more than I can describe, but some moments I just feel so bored, and I yearn for things that aren't baby/child related.
A while back (I think it was while I was sleeping on the couch when Drew was a newborn), I came across the TLC show called "Say Yes to the Dress." It's about a wedding dress shop in NYC called Kleinfelds. Every episode, they pick two or three girls to follow around as they try on wedding dresses. I LOVE IT! A lot of the dresses at Kleinfelds are ridiculously expensive, but most of the girls they show are everyday, normal girls (despite the fact that they have $5,000 wedding dress budgets!). It is so fun to watch.....Dean will probably not be happy that I am writing this, but even he doesn't mind it too much!! I record the episodes (they come on back-to-back on Friday nights at 9pm), then watch them whenever I get a chance.
It's hard to describe, and I know I'm not the only one......when you have little kids, you can easily start feeling like you're not the same person you used to be (mostly just because you don't have much time anymore for things that interest you personally). So it's fun to watch girly shows like this that take me away from mommy thoughts for just a few minutes!
January Lessons
10 years ago
4 comments:
Girl, I'm so with you!! My favorite is Ace of Cakes on the Food Network. SO good. I have fantasies of running a business like that and being a cool boss like Duff. I even dreamed a few nights ago that he wanted to hire me for $100G. Keep dreaming, Sara... he he
That is a long day, Alissa! But you're such a good mom - and I appreciate how real you are!
And I love that show, too! Aren't those budgets/prices crazy?!
We watch so much TV right now b/c it's hard to do much else w/an infant..we're sick to death of it, but I still enjoy certain shows.
I totally agree with you. It is so important to carve out a few minutes each day...even if it is only 10 minutes to have a little "me" time. Enjoy your show!!! :)
Just finished watching that show...love it too!
Post a Comment