Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Stinker story

About a month ago (just before we left for Alabama), Dean was working really long hours. One Saturday while Dean was at work, I took the boys to the Friendswood city park. I had a Coke Zero that was probably a quarter full when we got out of the car. Grant LOVES Diet Coke! So he saw my drink and said, "Mommy hold it. I just take a sip." (He always wants to hold it himself and I'll often tell him he can have a sip if I hold it.) So he found a picnic table, sat down, and said, "Mommy sit here," patting the bench. Then he told me to lay down my drink on the table. I was in a good mood, so I did it, curious about what he would do. He proceeded to drink every last drop of that Coke. Then.....he handed it back to me, saying, "now it's your turn" as he turned and walked away. That little stinker! Sometimes I feel like he is my puppetmaster (and I think he would agree!).



At one point, Grant went over to play in an area with sand, so I set Drew down too. Of course he was fascinated by it and kept trying to put it in his mouth. He hardly made a peep....he was just so interested in that stuff.Before we left, it started sprinkling a little bit. Grant and another little girl were playing on the playground equipment, and I told Grant to be careful because it was a little slippery. Just after that, the little girl had a little slip. Grant kept telling her after that, "Be careful. You might slip." I thought that was a very gentlemanly thing to do!

0 comments: