If you've read the past two posts, you'll see that last night I made fun of a child's design on a paper grocery bag. Well, it turns out that most of the things I was complaining about were actually correct! Kristen pointed out today in her comment that honey bees ARE actually disappearing quickly. If you're interested, the website is www.helpthehoneybees.com. This was news to me! We see bees all over the place here (esp this time of year), so I thought the girl had just pulled the idea out of thin air.
Anyway, thanks to Kristen and "Just a drone" (not sure who this is!) for correcting me! As a 6th grade teacher, I saw too many examples of horrid spelling and grammar (and I was a science teacher, so I couldn't spend all my time correcting it). But apparently, this was not an example of that (except that she DID still spell "extinct" incorrectly!)! I will have to make sure I check all of my facts next time..... :)
January Lessons
10 years ago
1 comments:
Ha ha - don't sweat it! I would have done exactly the same thing :) I tend to agree with you on the spelling thing...
Post a Comment