Friday, May 22, 2009

Eight months





It is completely surreal that Drew is eight months old! He is busy, busy these days.....he started crawling a couple of weeks ago, and now he's cruising around everywhere. He's still not super fast, but he goes at a steady pace and can make it across a room before you know it.

And just in the past couple of days, he's started pulling himself up to standing on almost everything. He loves turning over bins and boxes to see what's inside.....he is just constantly on the move and is even starting to squirm out of my arms if he wants to get down to play.

I think it's interesting....he's reaching these crawling/pulling up milestones about a month before Grant did (he was 8.5 months when he started crawling). I think a lot of it probably has to do with Drew sleeping on his belly from the beginning. We'll see when the walking starts. It's so cute and exciting to see him crawling, but it does make life a little more difficult. Now I not only have to make sure his surrounding area is clear of small objects, but the entire room!

A few extra things about Drew at 8 months:
- He can now eat Cheerios, puffs, and these little rice snacks made in China (I forget the name now....they're in one of the pictures). He loves to eat, and he scoops puffs and Cheerios into his mouth so fast! But I can't find Biter Biscuits anywhere! I'm assuming they still make them??

- Yesterday at the doctor's office (I took him in because he has a horrible croupy cough when he wakes up), he weighed 20 lbs, 3 oz.

- He's making a lot of sing-song type noises.....but "da da da" is still the main consonant sound he makes.

- He now loves playing with phones and remote controls. He also loves standing up at his play tables. Those things are wonderful.....Grant loved them and now Drew does too. And he always tries to take Grant's cars to examine them and chew on them. He can actually occupy himself with toys for a while before he needs me.

- But....if he is tired and he sees me walk away from him, he fusses and keeps his worried eyes on me until he sees me come back!

- He's been taking 30 minute naps lately, for the most part. I had been letting him cry it out until he went back to sleep, but I'm not really able to do that while he's sick. I don't want him to continue this, though!! At night he usually sleeps straight through, but will only sleep until about 5:45 or 6am. So sad for me!

2 comments:

EBPitcher said...

I've got at least 1/2 box (maybe more) of biter biscuits that I can bring you. I'm sure they are still good. They were just so messy and John always got too much in his mouth and started to gag. That's why I still have them. I'll bring them next week.

Yee Peng said...

Emelyn's grandma bought some rice crackers for her called Mum-Mum but they were made in S'pore. I love those things!