I was having one of those mornings today.....it started off okay, but went downhill fast when I put Drew down for a nap at 8:40am. He'll rub his eyes and act exhausted, but then the second I lay him down, he sits up and perks up, ready to play! So it breaks my heart to walk out the door and hear him wailing, even though I know it's what's best for him.
So then I went to shower while I left Grant in our room to watch TV. I came out of the shower to find an old sentimental video of mine laying on the floor. Grant had pulled back the black covering, then yanked as much of the tape out as he could. Meanwhile, Drew was still crying in his room. I exploded at Grant and took him to his room (probably not the best thing to do, but I was so mad and that's the first thing that came to mind!).
Then I came into the study, figuring that I might as well work on our property tax protest for a few minutes. Excel would not open! It kept asking me to enter a Product Key, as if we'd never had it installed on our computer! I still have no idea why this happened. I looked for our Microsoft CDs for a minute, and couldn't find them. Then I just broke down crying. Why is my life like this on so many days!? Nothing ever seems to just work out the way it's supposed to!!
So....I called Dean to ask if he knew where the CDs might be. He didn't. And he could tell that I was really upset. So I hung up after a couple of minutes. To make a long story short, Drew finally went to sleep (and slept for almost an hour, which is good these days!). After he woke up, I was feeding him oatmeal when I saw someone walking up to the door (this was about 11am). It was Dean! By this point (1.5 hours after I'd talked to him), I was doing much better. But it was still a wonderful surprise and we had so much fun with him this afternoon. He helped me do some things around the house, and we cooked a yummy pepperoni roll for dinner (I will add the link at some point.....it was SO good!). Then we took a walk tonight, and we watched a little bit of Wipeout before coming up for baths. Grant loved watching the people fall into the water. I figured he would!
So now I feel a little bit less like I'm about to have a nervous breakdown! :) I'm so thankful for my sweet husband.
January Lessons
10 years ago
4 comments:
How wonderful!!! That would be a super treat for me, too!
My VCR ate my Casablanca tape when I was a poor college kid. I got pretty mad at it, too... but I was able to scotch tape the thing back together without much permanent damage. OK, so that's not REALLY all that relevant, but your story reminded me of it.
Yay, Dean -- you rock!!!!!
I'm sorry you were overwhelmed! Very sweet of you, Deanie!
I've thoroughly enjoyed your everyday posts! :) And I'm so thankful you had a reprieve yesterday with the help of Dean. I always love it when Matt comes home early...and the weekends are now something I live for! You're doing great, Alissa, and your boys are blessed to have you as their mommy!
Post a Comment