Saturday, May 9, 2009

Milestones this week

I've already talked about some of these.....here's a shot of Drew scooting his way across the floor towards a toy.
This week, Grant learned how to pedal on his tricycle the correct way. He was so proud of himself and tells us to watch him every time he does it. We just got the tricycle about a month ago (from Craigslist!), and I guess we should have bought it maybe more around 18 months to 2 years.....his legs are a little long for it. What he likes most about it is the trunk; he stores his cars and trains in it.
Drew's front two teeth are almost fully in now.....no more toothless grin!

Drew tends to scrunch up his nose like this when he's laughing....

He learned how to play the piano..... :)

And he does really well standing while holding onto something (although he can't really pull himself up on most furniture quite yet).
And here are a few pictures after getting back from a walk one afternoon. Grant and I had popsicles, so I gave one to Drew too. He loved chewing on it.....it was a perfect teething stick!


One more thing.....he has become really attached to mommy at some times. At church, he doesn't cry immediately when I leave, but then he gets tired and cries until I come and take him. And if there are other people at our house, he doesn't even usually like for me to get up and leave him to play on the floor! It's easy to get frustrated at things like this (after all, Grant was very similar), but I have to remember that ten years from now, I will yearn for the days when he wanted only mommy!

0 comments: